Saturday, April 14, 2012

Declaration of Blogging Intent



I feel inclined to be up front with my intentions of this blog. So here I am.

I understand that many of you may be trying, struggling with infertility, waiting patiently, waiting not so patiently, or just generally anxious about others having babies. I really do get this.

I understand that some of you don't understand blogging. "Why does this girl feel the need to over share about her life?"

I understand that most of us loathe the braggers or over-sharers that constantly show up in our Facebook news feeds.

I understand that some of you just don't care to read this blog.

I get it.


Here is my intent with this blog

I am here to document my pregnancy and stories about our life in a way that is practical and meaningful to me and my husband. This blog is first and foremost a journal for our memories.

I have learned so much and found such encouragement in other bloggers pregnancy journeys (and beyond). It's a big and scary unfamiliar change that comes with enough worries and questions to make a girl go crazy. I hope to give back in a similar way through my blog, even if it only reaches one young and unsuspecting new mama.

I have an awful memory and need to write and take photos in order to retain these memories.

My husband has a lot of affection for me and the blog. He encourages me in this endeavor as an outlet for my creativity.


Here is what I have to say 

Welcome! Stay if you'd like. I hope this can be a place of encouragement and discussion for us both. It won't always be pregnancy or baby related. You are free to peep anonymously, or introduce yourself. I would love to know who you are. For the rest of you, don't worry about it. You don't have to read. This blog is optional. I give you permission to close the window and go about your business. No hard feelings. 

We (Papa K and I) will be posting about our pregnancy to the blog only, but sharing the link on Facebook. This way if you want to look you can, and if you don't, you're not forced to. If you don't want to look, but you do anyways (so something I would do), well, that's your issue. I jest! You are also more than welcome to add me to your feed, reader, or whatever you use to manage your blog roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment. We would love to hear from you!