Monday, May 14, 2012

Pregnancy: Week 16



This was a total week of ups and downs. It started off pretty awful with me getting a nasty cold. I couldn't tell for the first 48 hours whether it was acid reflux or a sick bug since I just had an upset stomach and burning throat. I was a dizzy, tired, achy, sick mess, so I stayed home from work for two days. It eventually became clear I had a cold, so I braced myself to ride it out med-free. Happily, I started to feel a bit better by the weekend, but was incredibly antsy to get my booty out of bed after laying horizontal for so long.

My fort: Episode of The Chew on the iPad, water, soup, and blankets


Once I started to get some energy back, my first self-appointed task was to make greek yogurt pancakes and peach-blueberry syrup. Made these two mornings in a row!



On the other hand, one of the perks about being stuck with nothing to do for days was that I got a baby registry started. Honestly, I had no clue where to start, so I began with Kath's list of blogger registry recommendations that she posted a few weeks ago. I've had a baby list set as private on Amazon set up for months now, but wasn't sure if we should register anywhere else in case someone didn't want to buy a gift online. And really, what the heck do I need and not need since we live in such a small space? I began sorting through the lists of what to get vs. what not to get, and started a second registry at Target. UNTIL I found Joanna's post that talked about how she registered via myregistry.com. I immediately checked it out and was sold.

Myregistry is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. It's completely free to use and allows you to add anything from any website. My favorite part about it is that it makes everything look very streamlined and is easy to browse through your list without distractions or flipping from site to site. The price, description, size, color, a thumbnail and large photo, and any notes you have are all viewable on myregistry, but when you decide to purchase an item, it takes you to the external site for the transaction. Afterward, you are prompted to answer whether you bought it or were just looking, and if you did buy it, they ask you if you got it on that site or found it somewhere else. So if that person finds a better deal elsewhere, they can still get it and mark that they got you the item. Brilliant! It even has a bookmark button that allows you to add things to your registry without even leaving the site you found the item on, much like the Pinterest "Pin it" button.

Perhaps the most exciting event of the week was finally getting to see Baby K via ultrasound! This ultrasound was done through a pregnancy clinic as a pregnancy model for one of their nurses to practice her ultrasounds. We haven't seen LB since week 9 on the little midwifery ultrasound machine, and weren't too sure what to expect. Basically, it blew our minds and we fell even more head over heels for our little squirmy (who knew?!) baby. Neither of us could believe how much LB was moving, hopping and wiggling around. Check it out:



Don't mind the fact that everyone says "he" in the video. We weren't able to find out the gender at the appointment—although Papa K and I have a guess!—and I assure you we do not know if it's a boy or girl. The nurse just kept calling Baby K "he" arbitrarily, so we went along with it. However, we did spend some time earlier in the week researching 15 week gender ultrasound pictures and did catch a glimpse of the bottom view, so we have a vote on boy vs. girl. Not telling though ;) Look at that cute little bum sticking up at the end of the video!!

I didn't make it to yoga again this week since I was sick. But I was given another gift of yoga classes from my Aunt Mary to a different studio in North Seattle. I'm excited to compare classes and get a variety of teaching. This instructor also specializes in back therapy yoga, which is such a blessing. I can't wait to meet her. She sent me this adorable mat in the mail with the gift certificate. Aunt Mary's always been the best gift giver—everyone knows it ;)

You caught me. Same photo two weeks in a row :)


Another high of the week was celebrating our one-year wedding anniversary. But holy heck, how did a year fly by already?! Arthur had to work both of his jobs on our actual anniversary (I was so bummed, but proud of his diligence), so we celebrated the next day by going to dinner at Skillet diner in Capitol Hill and having Top Pot doughnuts for dessert...exactly like our wedding! My salmon sandwich with pickle preserved fennel-fried lemon and harissa aioli was to die for, and of course I had it with poutine. We both got banana, tarragon and mint frescas to drink that were incredibly delicious. We plan to do this Skillet/Top Pot tradition every year as long as we live in the Seattle area.







We're heading out to Whistler, B.C. in a couple weekends to have a get-out-of-town celebration, but this was definitely a great way to ring in the new year!

Oh—AND I'm pretty sure I felt my first squirm later in the week! It felt like a slippery fish turning around inside me. Soooo weird. I haven't felt much of anything since.


Need to catch up?

Pregnancy Posts:

Weekly Updates:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment. We would love to hear from you!