Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pregnancy: 33 Weeks



I think I've been denying my nesting urge for a few weeks now. It hit me one morning while I was sitting on the couch staring at the baseboards thinking about how I should probably clean them. The thought felt so normal. Until I shook my head out of my morning daze and realized how absurd that idea really was. I don't think I will be cleaning the baseboards before Baby K arrives, but I am ready to get our house in order.

I know I've said it over and over again, but we are BUSY. Thankfully this is our last week of birth class, so hopefully that extra night will make the week feel less hectic. It's just really hard to feel like I can get anything done aside from cooking dinner and picking up the house on a week night. In my dream world I would come home and have the energy to read a few chapters of my breastfeeding book, wash a load of baby clothes, and maybe even make a double batch of dinner so I can freeze half for after the baby arrives. But the reality is that I have an overflowing refrigerator full of produce that's threatening to go to rot, a pile of our clothes to wash, fold or put away, a kitchen to clean, and a pile of tools and junk to sort through on our bedroom floor. There are so many tasks that take priority over nesting on a week night. Wah!

Moving on from my pity party...

I have been asked so many times this week if I'm due soon. While I'm excited to even be talking about my due date drawing near, it's kind of sad to have to say no and that I still have two months to go. Such a teaser! I think I might have grown in the belly quite a bit this week since I'm having the worst pregnancy aches and pains yet. My poor ribs, back and hips are being pushed every which way and I can sure feel it. There have been a few days that I've pitifully whined to Arthur, "I really like being pregnant, but I just don't like it today."

On the flip side, LB's current nickname is Squirmy Wormy. Her movements are bold and wild and I just can't get enough of them. It really feels like there is a plump little baby in there. I love that I can always seem to locate her bum and can already tell it's cute and pinchable, for the record.




I can't say I haven't made any nursery progress though. Actually, this week my crafty and ambitious friend, Nicole, and I decided that together we would paint a birch tree mural on the crib wall of the nursery. Finding art for the walls has been at the top of my to-do, and this is a big fat check mark. We've got a painting date set for September 22, and both can't wait. Now all I've really got to do is pull together some accessories, hang a few things and find a rug pad so the rug doesn't bunch when it's walked on. We're definitely getting closer, but I think it's going to take one more trip to Ikea—our 5th one! Here is some of my mural inspiration.


Image 1 Source; Image 2 Source


I made it to yoga this week and was rewarded with being the only person in class. Or in other words, I got a private yoga session. Score! We worked a lot on my aches and pains and even did some fancy positions that involved FOUR bolsters. Considering there is usually only enough for everyone to have one, that was quite the luxury. She said August is usually a slow month for many studios.

Also of major note this week was getting away for our makeshift babymoon. This will definitely be our last trip before LB arrives, and what a trip it was! We took advantage of the long holiday weekend and headed down to Portland late Saturday morning to stay at Hotel Monaco. The hotel was gorgeous and funky. There were contrasting patterns and colors everywhere, but somehow it worked. I will post our vacation photos in full later this week.



And last, but certainly not least, we have a niece! Baby Sunny (love her name) was born early Monday morning, well over a week after her due date. Mama and baby are doing well, and Uncle and Auntie are smitten. We love her already and can't wait for the baby girl cousins to meet in a few weeks. When I was holding Sunny, LB was kicking her right in the bum—I think she was saying hi. We both left the hospital totally in awe and incredibly antsy to meet our own sweet girl.






I'm really looking forward to this weekend. We have our two final ladies-only baby showers and lots of family coming in town for one of them. I can't believe it's already September...that means October is next!!

(We had Centering this week, but there isn't much to note. I will just combine it with our next class' notes. I did, however, learn that I'm measuring right on track with my belly height and am up 24.5 pounds, which is well within the spectrum of healthy pregnancy weight gain. That's not to say I don't feel like I'm lifting an elephant every time I stand up though;)


Need to catch up?

Pregnancy Posts:

Weekly Updates:


2 comments:

  1. As a new mom-to-be, I have been reading your blog week by week as my own pregnancy progresses and I just wanted to let you know how much support, comfort and inspiration you have given me. Thank you so much for writing this and putting this out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I'm so glad you've been following along! I took a break from writing most of this year, but am back in action talking about life as a new mother. I hope you'll continue along with me even after your sweet one arrives. And congratulations! You're getting so close. xo

      Delete

Leave us a comment. We would love to hear from you!